In addition to many reports that come standard with SOS G5, you also can easily customize most any List View and print or export the results. In this article we will take a closer look at the standard reports, including patient statements, that are included with your software. Note that printing insurance claims is covered in a separate article.
To begin, click the little “+” to the left of Reports in the navigation bar at the left of your screen. As you can see in the image above, the standard reports are organized by category. The categories that appear in your own software will depend on the specific features that you have licensed. For example, if you have not licensed the Clinical Records feature, you will not see the Clinical Reports category.
- Favorite Reports
Contains links to any reports that you designate as Favorites.
- Accounting Reports
Reports that are related to tracking receivables and analyzing financial performance.
- Insurance Reports
Follow-up letters to insurance payers and other insurance related reports that do not better belong among the Accounting Reports.
- Statement Reports
Various statement types and formats.
- Management Reports
Primarily patient population analysis by factors such as diagnosis.
- Patient Reports
Patient ledger printouts, facesheets, info cards, phone lists and similar reports.
- Clinical Reports
Reports such as Progress Notes, Treatment Plans, Clinical Status, Intake Summary and other reports specific to clinical records.
- Scheduler Reports
Reports such as Check-In List, Appointments for a Period, Daily Provider Log, and Encounter Form.
Select the Report Category that is likely to contain the report you would like to run. A list of the reports for that category will appear in the main panel of your screen. Accounting Reports, for example, will contain a variety of reports concerning receivables, charges, and payments. Once you locate the desired report in the list, highlight it and click the Print Report button on the top toolbar, or right-click the desired report and select Print… on the pop-up menu. In many cases, an options window will appear in which you can specify filter conditions and/or options for your report.
Setting a report as a “Favorite”
Most users do not use all the reports and have some that they run much more frequently than others. If you find it to be more convenient, you can create a shortcut for your frequently used reports to appear in the Favorite Reports section.
- Locate the report you would like to make a favorite.
- Click the report name to highlight it.
- Click the Add to Favorite Reports button in the top toolbar.
- The button icon will change (adding an “X” over the heart), signifying that the report has been copied to the Favorite Reports group. If you were to click the button again, the report would be removed from the Favorites group
- To confirm your action, click the Favorite Reports link just below Reports in the Navigation Bar at the left. If you don’t see your new favorite report, click the Refresh button (or press the F5 key on your keyboard) and it will appear.