In SOS, the Daysheet is the screen that shows a list of recently created charge and credit entries which you have not yet committed to the permanent record. You can, for example, still delete entries while they are in the Daysheet. When you “post” a Daysheet, however, you make the designated entries a permanent part of your accounting and they can no longer be deleted. Until you post, the items in the Daysheet window are not included in billing runs or in accounting reports such as the all-important aging reports. How often you post
- Items on the current daysheet do not appear in statements or insurance claims.
- Items on the current daysheet do not appear in most accounting and management reports.
When you decide to post, you can post every transaction in the Daysheet, or just select specific transactions to be posted. You can even post a single transaction if you like.
Selecting transactions for posting
Before you start the posting process, tag (highlight) one or more rows in the Daysheet list. There are several specific icons that appear in the main toolbar at the top of the SOS screen while you are working on the Daysheet:
- First, keep in mind that the Daysheet is a list like most others in SOS, so you can easily filter the list by specifying values in one or more columns at the top of the list. For example, you can specify a particular patient name at the top of the Patient column, a particular provider at the top of the Provider column, or a particular user at the top of the Added By column. Doing so will immediately hide all rows that do not match your filter conditions. You can then selectively highlight the desired transactions using the following techniques.
- If you want to print or post everything in the Daysheet, use the Tag All button (third button of the four shown in the image above).
- If you want to print or post a group of consecutive transactions, click the first one to highlight that one, then hold down the <SHIFT> key and click the last one in the group to highlight everything in between.
- If you want to print or post more than half of the transactions, first highlight the whole list using the Tag All icon, then hold down the <CTRL> key and click each of the rows you want to un-tag.
- If you want to print or post less than half the list, you can reverse the above technique. Start by using the Un-tag All button (button four) then hold down the <CTRL> key and click the transactions you want to tag.
Preview and print the Daysheet
Once you have the desired transactions tagged, SOS suggests that you preview and optionally print a hard copy or generate a PDF of the Daysheet before posting. Click the Print Daysheet button (the second of the Daysheet buttons on
Posting the Daysheet
Once you have checked over your Daysheet preview and printed a hard copy or saved a copy as a PDF to a secure location (remember that this report contains HIPAA protected data), you are ready to post the Daysheet, moving the transactions to the permanent account ledgers. You will then be able to bill and include the data in your reports.
To post, simply click the Post Daysheet button on the toolbar. A reminder will appear. Just confirm that you want to proceed and the tagged rows will disappear from the Daysheet list. They then can be viewed and modified if necessary from the individual patient ledgers.
One thought on “Posting Your Daysheet”